We are an engineering-centric organization, which informs our staffing and our software and manufacturing infrastructure.
Gemstar’s design capabilities include:
- Combined total of over 80 years of design and engineering experience
- Latest CAD software support
- Experience designing cases for everything from military transport cases to telemedicine dispatch cases to torque calibration kits
We continually update and expand our manufacturing equipment, tooling, and facilities to meet the case needs of our customers.
Our manufacturing capabilities:
- Rotational Molding
- Robotic Rotational Molding (Robomolding)
- Injection Molding
- Foam fabrication
- 3 axis, 5 axis, and Robotic machining
- Secondary fabrication and assembly
Our test lab serves two main functions:
1) Verify our continually expanding tooling and processes to ensure our cases are of the highest quality.
2) Validate newly designed case solutions for our customers.
Our testing capabilities include:
- Vibration: Loose load vibration, repetitive shock and bounce tests according to ASTM D4169, MIL-STD-810, ATA300, FedEx, ISTA 1A, FED-STD-101 and multiple other industry standards evaluate the structural integrity of cases and the ability of the packaging to protect the contents from vibration.
- Drop: Drop tests according to ASTM D4169, MIL-STD-810, ATA300, FedEx, ISTA 1A, FED-STD-101 and multiple other industry standards simulate impacts that may occur during transit.
- Submersion/Immersion: Submersion, immersion and ingress tests according to IPX7, MIL-STD-810, FED-STD-101 and several other industry standards evaluate the case’s ability to prevent the ingress of water.
- Heat & Conditioning: Heat-related tests according to MIL-STD-810, FED-STD-101, MIL-STD-648 and multiple other industry standards evaluate the capability to withstand extreme heat under varying test configurations.
- Dart Impact: Impact tests according to the Association of Rotational Molders evaluate the impact strength of different materials and the effects of processing parameters on impact strength.
- Handle Strength: Handle pull strength tests evaluate if a case can withstand heavy loads.
- Wheel Endurance: Wheel endurance testing evaluates the bearings, rubber and other components for wear and durability.
Let’s talk about your case requirements.
Get in touch to start your protective hard case project today.